Thursday, September 09, 2010

Vianney - Quebec's best downhill ride?


The big view, a perfect day for a bicycle ride



Vianney from above (near summit)




Descending the dream


As we wrote earlier, we had a gut feeling that Vianney would be a desirable village to visit, not least because it sits right beside the top of a 1800 ft high hill.

That's only ideal if there is a good way to get down the hill. So we can report that the road to the town of St-Ferdinand is newly paved, St-Ferdinand is at 671 ft elevation, and eight kilometres separates the top and the bottom of this hill.

You don't have to perform very accurate math to see that this is one hell of a downhill ride.

This might even be the best eight km of your life.

But you won't know until you try it. So we recommend that you make the effort, and go and try it.

3 Comments:

At 12:37 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Yes, I will! I'm wondering if it's better than going down Covey Hill.

 
At 4:07 PM, Blogger Cycle Fun Montreal said...

yes, longer and fewer driveways with killer cars.

 
At 1:56 PM, Blogger Average Joe Cyclist said...

I wish I had known about this last time I was in Montreal - next time!

Btw, I just put a link to your blog in my blog - www.averagejoecyclist.com - because someone recommended your blog to me - great cycling blog!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home